PEER International Consultants is currently seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) based in Beirut, Lebanon. Reporting to the Partner in Charge of BD unit, the candidate will be required to grow the business with PEER across all services. The BDM must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, global environment and shall be responsible for:
- Identifying new opportunities/business trends as well as developing further the relationship with existing and new clients & partners. The BDM shall be working closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop business leads and convert them into actual projects.
- Develop & Execute a business plan in line with the vision of the board of directors. This business plan shall include sales and marketing targets with clear KPIs.
Business Planning, Development, and Projects Intelligence
- Develop and implement a business plan (sales & marketing) in alignment with the firm’s objectives and priorities
- Identify new customer segments/markets/opportunities
- Assess markets where PEER operates; gather and analyze business intelligence and other critical information related to potential clients and opportunities
- Identify new business opportunities, new business lines, as well as new business areas
- Prepare comprehensive reports related to market trends, competitive landscape, potential clients/partners to support decision making and growth strategies
- Develop and maintain a client database with historical and current key data points
- Develop and report on KPI's related to the Business Development activities
Relations & Partnerships
- Establish and maintain a network of relationships with existing and potential partners/clients.
- Deliver presentations to introduce PEER capabilities and value proposition.
- Represent PEER at leading industry conferences.
- Carry out deal negotiations, contract development, due diligence, and other business development efforts.
- Capture lessons learned while meeting Architects, Contractors, and Developers or any Client identifying reasons for successful/unsuccessful relation outcomes.
Tendering & Competitions Management
- Manage the tendering/competitions process and ensure the fulfillment of all client requirements in proposal submissions.
- Oversee the arrangement and preparation for commercial/legal proposal requirements, including bid bonds, etc..
- Seek and develop information related to local costs and billing rates, competition, and market intelligence.
- Follow up with clients on the status of proposals.
- Capture lessons learned upon close-out of proposals process, identifying reasons for successful/unsuccessful bids, and recommend improvement initiatives.
Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, Business Administration, or related disciplines.
- Master’s Degree is a plus, preferably in Business, Economics, Engineering, or other disciplines.
- 5+ years of business development (sales, marketing, etc..) experience, preferably in, but not limited to the Engineering industry.
- Previous experience in GCC & Middle East is a plus.
- Excellent technical writing skills; Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to identify and proactively seek new business opportunities.
- Strong research, data analysis, and presentation skills.
- Confidence, strong communication skills, and capacity to interface with high-level individuals in the public and private sectors.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented professional with a desire to simultaneously handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Knowledgeable about marketing trends, digital, and content marketing.
PEER International Consultants is a world-class structural engineering firm providing design services for architects, developers, contractors, public and private institutions. Established in 2013, we have designed numerous landmark projects, both nationally and internationally. Our innovative solutions have brought us to the forefront of the structural engineering profession. Registered under the Lebanese and UAE jurisdictions, PEER delivers all its services from its Engineering office in Beirut, Lebanon.
For more information, please visit our website at www.peeric.com or check us out on LinkedIn, and Instagram.
APPLY by completing the two steps below. We will contact you should you meet the requirements of this vacancy.